It is now time to look at iCal4WP and see how we can improve it and ultimately release a 1.0 version.
Here is the todolist for this 1.0 version:
- Bug Fixes:
- Fix repeating events to make sure they appear as well in the sidebar widgets (currently only the first event appear, thought it works on feeds)
- Make it works with WordPress 2.3 (issues with new categories system, see hooks)
- add the plugin in wordpress.org with svn account (about plugin hosting),
- re-organize UI to make it more user-friendly,
- switch to jQuery to be aligned with wordpress new default JS library and not loading a new js library
- Use jQuery plugins for date and time pickers,
- allow events with no end date (useful for people organizing night event with no specific end time)
- Do not show list of events if no event to list, but still keep feeds pull down menu.
- Switch from pull down menu to a bar of icons or simply one icon that shows the pull down once clicked (?)
- Improve widget UI: input of title in the widget conf, select a default type (or maybe if MacOS detected then iCal, otherwise Google Calendar?)
I would like to thing about re-using some code to create a Symfony plugin that can easily deliver events with associated calendar subscription feeds. I can imagine that a Propel behavior could be very useful: you can make any object as an event.